Most Major Related Programs (MRP) help students prepare to transfer into high demand bachelor’s degree programs that require specific courses in the first two years. Business, biology, engineering and nursing are a few examples. Each MRP is based one of the statewide transfer agreements: Direct Transfer Agreement (DTA) or the Associate in Science-Transfer (AS-T) and can reduce the time it takes to complete a specific bachelor degree pathway.
DTA-Based Major Related Programs
Approved by public and independent universities in 2009.
- Associate in Business DTA/MRP
Approved by public and independent universities in 2006 (revised June 6, 2017).
Approved spring 2016.
Approved spring 2008 by University of Washington, Washington State University, Central Washington University and Eastern Washington University.
Approved spring 2016.
Approved by public and independent universities in spring 2014.
Approved by public and independent universities in spring 2005.
- Associate in Technology DTA/MRP - eliminated June 30, 2017 (two-year grace period through June 30, 2019)
Approved winter 2007 for transfer to:
- Central Washington University construction management, safety and health management, industrial technology and technology education.
- Eastern Washington University design, construction, manufacturing and electronics technology.
DTA-Based Pre-Teacher Preparation Programs
Approved by public universities in 2003.
AS-T Based Major Related Programs – Track 2
Major-Related Programs (MRP) help prepare students for their junior year as they pursue a bachelor’s degree. MRPs outline the courses students need to be well-prepared for upper-division courses upon transfer.
Engineering MRP Pathways
Engineering AS-T Track 2 MRPigkbet娱乐官网 pathways are for students preparing for engineering majors at Washington universities. These pathways are:
- AS-T in Bioengineering and Chemical Engineering MRP
- AS-T Computer and Electrical Engineering MRP
- AS-T Mechanical/Civil/Aeronautical/Industrial/ Materials Science Engineering MRP
Engineering Technology MRP Pathways
Engineering Technology MRP is for students preparing for industrial/mechanical technologies and mechanical/electrical/computer engineering technology majors at Central Washington University, Eastern Washington University and Western Washington University. These pathways are:
- AS-T EET/CTE (Electronics Engineering Tech Computer Engineering Tech) MRP
- AS-T MET (Mechanical Engineering Tech) MRP
Criteria for Creating Major Related Programs
The Joint Transfer Counciligkbet娱乐官网 established criteria to identify whether to develop an MRP for a given major. An MRP will be considered when the following apply:
- The number of courses specified as preparation for the major and needed in the first two years is substantial.
- Several institutions award the bachelor’s degree in the field.
- A credit gap exists: Total number of credits earned by transfer students who graduate is substantially higher than credits earned by students who started at a baccalaureate institution.
- Most transfer students show a pattern of under-preparation.
- The major is in high demand by students.
Transfer Degree Inventory
The transfer degree inventory matrix igkbet娱乐官网shows community and technical college program articulation agreements and major related programs with four-year colleges and universities.
igkbet娱乐官网 Last Modified: 10/28/19 3:25 PM