Team teaching is an integral part of the I-BEST model. It includes joint course planning and an instructional overlap of at least 50 percent of the class time. (I-BEST stands for Integrated Basic Education and Skills Training.)
Team Teaching Success Elements
- Both instructors work as a collaborative team to design and deliver the program.
- Both instructors collaborate before entering the classroom for the first time to work on joint learning outcomes and assessments for students.
- They are both present in the classroom including lecturing, leading group discussions and managing student projects.
Team Teaching Models
igkbet娱乐官网Overlapping instruction is a core component of the I-BEST model. While effective team teaching techniques and skills are vital to I-BEST success, they are rare among faculty and administrators.
This section includes six research-based strategies, evidence-based theory, video samples of effective instruction, and curricula samples and/or links. The resources in this section can function as a self-directed learning module or as the basis for group instruction.
- Step 1 - How to use these models
- Step 2 - Introduction - Section 1
- Step 3 - Traditional Team Teaching - Section 2
- Step 3 - Traditional Team Teaching - video focus questions
- Step 4 - Collaborative Teaching - Section 3
- Step 4 - Collaborative Teaching - video focus questions
- Step 5 - Complementary-Supportive - Section 4
- Step 5 - Complementary-Supportive - video focus questions
- Step 6 - Parallel Instruction - Section 5
- Step 6 - Parallel Instruction - video focus questions
- Step 7 - Differentiated Split Class - Section 6
- Step 7 - Differentiated Split Class - video focus questions
- Step 8 - Monitoring Teacher - Section 7
- Step 8 - Monitoring Teacher - video focus questions
- Step 9 - Conclusion - Section 8
igkbet娱乐官网 Last Modified: 2/15/18 5:49 PM