Resources for College Staff
Basic Education for Adults Programs
Adult Basic Education and English as a Second Language — courses in reading, writing and math for adults with academic skills below high school completion or who need to improve English language skills.
- English Literacy and Civics Education
- High School Equivalency (HSE)/GED®
- High School+
- Integrated Basic Education and Skills Training (I-BEST)
- Integrated Digital English Acceleration (I-DEA)
- Integrated Instruction (general overview)
- Volunteer Literacy Programs
- Washington State College in Prisons program (corrections education)
Building and Supporting Quality Programs for Adult Learners
- Program requirements, training and program monitoring.
- Instructional support. Supports available to help BEdA faculty, staff, and administrators develop and maintain effective instruction and programming, and to comply with federal and state regulations.
- , Voices for Opportunity, JFF blog, May 9, 2017
Jon Kerr, Basic Education for Adults Washington state director, discusses why community colleges should be more intentional in connecting adult basic education to guided pathways and how federal and state policy could help forge greater ties. Kerr is a member of the Policy Leadership Trust for Student Success, which Jobs for the Future convenes to promote evidenced-based, practitioner-informed policies for scaling guided pathways.
GED® and GED Testing Service® are registered trademarks of the American Council on Education ("ACE"). They may not be used or reproduced without the express written permission of ACE or . The GED® and GED Testing Service® brands are administered by GED Testing Service LLC under license from the American Council on Education.
Adult basic education programs are offered by colleges and organizations throughout Washington stateigkbet娱乐官网.
Data and Research
- Research points to the need for basic education for adults
igkbet娱乐官网 Last Modified: 9/12/19 5:03 PM