If you have not earned a high school diploma, . After passing the four-part tests, you will receive a certificate showing that you have the same level of knowledge as a high school graduate.
igkbet娱乐官网Most colleges and employers accept the GED® credential as being equivalent to a high school diploma. Earning a GED® credential opens doors to college and better jobs.
The that assess the knowledge and skills equivalent to high school graduates in the following areas:
- Reasoning through Language Arts (reading and writing)
- Social Studies
The tests are $30 each and you can take them separately.
You may take the if:
- You are at least 19 years old and have not graduated from high school.
- You not currently enrolled in high school.
- You are an active member of the military, national guard or reserves.
- You have current government-issued photo identification with your name, address, birth date and signature on it. (If your photo identification is not from Washington, you will need to have additional documentation showing you have a Washington address.)
- You are a current resident of Washington.
If you are 16, 17 or 18 years old:
- You may take the only if you give the test center a completed "Request for Approval to Test" form. The form must be completed by your last high school or the school district office. This releases you from the district to take your GED® tests. office to request a completed form. (Schools or school districts can get forms from Lou Sager, SBCTC GED® administrator.)
- igkbet娱乐官网 schooled students need to complete and submit a notarized form called the "Notarized Statement/Letter for igkbet娱乐官网 School Students." to get a form.
- You will not be able to complete test registration until a form has been submitted and recorded by the test center.
Each test is $30 and you must pass all four tests to earn a GED® certificate. You can take them separately.
- To , you will need to first register at GED.com.
- Once registered you will be able to schedule and submit payment ($30 per test or $120 for all four tests).
- You will take your GED® tests on a computer at an official testing center. The tests are not available online.
- At the time of testing, you will need to provide current government-issued photo identification with your name, address, birth date and signature on it. (If your photo identification is not from Washington, you will need to bring additional documentation showing you have a Washington address.)
Community colleges, technical colleges, and several community-based organizations offer low-cost programs to help you prepare to take the GED® tests. Programs are listed on a directory of school and community programs with GED® preparation classesigkbet娱乐官网.
, preparations materials and online preparation courses. The GED® Testing Service also offers an called GED® Ready.
The GED® testing service will send you an email when your score report is ready. You will then be able to at GED.com.
igkbet娱乐官网After you have completed and passed all four tests, you will be emailed the access code to download your certificate.
at GED.com or through your GED® account.
Employers, colleges, agencies and others requesting verification can through the GED® Testing Service. You will be asked to create an account in order to verify the completion status of an examinee.
SBCTC Staff Contact
GED® and GED Testing Service® are registered trademarks of the American Council on Education ("ACE"). They may not be used or reproduced without the express written permission of ACE or . The GED® and GED Testing Service® brands are administered by GED Testing Service LLC under license from the American Council on Education.
Last Modified: 3/2/20 11:26 AM